Useless CDs

I have so many useless CDs -- almost as many as I have useless hip-hop records (I have many useless hip-hop records).



TAKUYA SUGIMOTO - MICHI


What the hell is this crap. This looks like the logical extension of Ninja Tune/Mo Wax fetishizing, compounded by a side fetish of Japanese import CDs. Oh DJ Krush, you have so much to answer for. The sticker on the CD sleeve literally says "Phat Electro & Breaks," which is a ridiculous combination of words. I have no idea what this sounds like, I probably listened to it once and put it on MiniDisc in college. I'm sure there's one really nice, jazzy, probably piano-having track over sparse drum programming on this CD that I could locate if you gave me 5 minutes. But is it worth it? I have often asked myself what becomes of short girls. Now I must also ask, what becomes of the dime-a-dozen goatee'd Japanese trip-hop producers?


UPDATE! I totally found that one song! I'm sure this CD cost me like $30, so this is a $30 song, because the rest of the album is terrible: Nagi - "星月夜 Hoshizukiyo"



LIZZY MERCIER DESCLOUX - PRESS COLOR


What's up, pretentious NY no wave art scene of the late 70s/early 80s! Man you may be important but you sure are unlistenable. I wonder if people tolerated Lizzy Mercier Descloux (that name! "Oh hello, I am Lizzy Mercier Descloux. I will not respond to Lizzy.") because she was a hot French chick. They just tolerated her "artistic tendencies" bc they assumed they would bone her after producing her cover of the Mission Impossible theme. Or, knowing the times, she was probably a 5'1" French Canadian with hairy armpits and wore ye olde dresses to express how arty she was.

Also, she recorded this:


Which is totally this:




PEACHES & GONZALEZ - RED LEATHER EP


This EP is fantastic. The lead track is all glitzy sleazy electro house glamor, and the rest of the EP, while at times very juvenile, also has a joyful spark of discovery all over it. It's brash and snotty and punky in all the best ways, following the footsteps of other great Jew punk Joey Ramone in spirit and religion, if not pomped out hair.

BEST SONG - RED LEATHER


THE STOOGES - FUNHOUSE


Iggy & The Stooges remain untouchable in the punk canon for obvious reasons. Watching YT footage of Iggy shirtlessly writhing around in glass/spitting at 1970s clueless jock guys is so iconic it borders on self-parody. Did you know this is Q Magazine's Loudest Album Ever? I put "Down on the Corner" on Metal On Metal years ago, and now just found out apparently there's a single version with an organ over it??? Crazy??? Thank you, Wikipedia?

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

Archie Von Bevinsville said...

its called "DOWN ON THE STREET" for fucksake.

stop breaking the rice bowl.

October 28, 2010 at 3:30 AM

Woods said...

Meh. The Stooges, CCR, what's the diff.

October 28, 2010 at 10:39 AM

Post a Comment

 
 
Bookmark and Share