Ian MacKaye of Minor Threat


As far as I'm concerned there are only 2 good Minor Threat songs, and only 1 good Fugorzi song.

Fugazi - Waiting Room

Watch a live version of Good Guys (Don't Wear White)

Watch a bored teenager montage edit, cut to Salad Days. Actually, the guy who made these videos kinda makes me think. I've often wondered if it would have made any difference if YouTube and all this other internet stuff had been around when I was a bored-ass 17 year old. I'm like "oh man I totally would have made rad videos and been able to get all these people to see them!" But then when I watch the other videos this guy made I'm reminded of the fact that, regardless of what decade you grew up in, if you're an awkward, gangly, glasses-wearing, pockmark-ridden teenager, having a camera and YouTube is not going to alleviate that.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

Archie Von Bevinsville said...

yesss! this is all stone cold truth - sorry, lying idiots! can you imagine all the poor girls in the suburbs that lost their virginity to a fugazi B-side that their idiot boyfriend was pretending to like? what a waste.

i am pleased that this summation of the work of ian mckaye has now been taken from its original "live" incarnation to the printed blogggg

November 13, 2007 at 12:17 AM

Isabel said...

The cartoon is kind of funny, but not everyone pretends to like Fugazi. Some people actually see inherent musical value in them. People like me.

December 2, 2008 at 7:39 PM

Archie Von Bevinsville said...

Isabel,
I can tell from your response that you must be a Capricorn.
I am a Gemini, the most ontological of all the signs.
Our mercuries are clearly in retrograde.
Love,
Archie
P.S. I am guilty of being white.

December 8, 2008 at 2:12 AM

Post a Comment

 
 
Bookmark and Share