Austria


We are now officially locked into the proper tour. Our first morning here, I was walking from the shower to the hostel room in these pants I bought in Thailand:


Let it be known that I have no intention of ever wearing these pants in any place that people would see me. I don't even like pot. However I've found that they're quite comfortable to sleep in.

Anyway, I discover much to my chagrin that I am locked out of the room because everyone went downstairs to get the free breakfast, so I have to walk into the dining hall wearing these gigantic clown pants.

When I got those pot pants, I also bought this Tshirt:


The above shirt is amazing for the following reasons:

1. It says "Rolling Stone" instead of "The Rolling Stones," and is the font of the magazine, so it can be assumed whoever bootlegged the shirt did a straight scan of a magazine cover.
2. The colors for the Union Jack are completely wrong.
3. It says "Mick Jagger" and that is Keith Richards.
4. It's not even Young, Virile, Constantly-Lionized Keith Richards, it's Old, Falling Out Of Trees Keith Richards.
... so basically, the shirt is incorrect in literally every possible respect.

Also, it occurred to me that the only time anyone buys a music magazine is when they're about to get on an airplane. I would never read Spin or whatever otherwise... maybe if I'm about to get dinner alone or something. This theory was proved correct when Nathan bought the new NME and we boarded to fly to Austria.

Has anyone ever noticed that the UK music press is totally bombastic and hype the hell out of everything? When they review shit like the Arctic Monkeys they're like

"This album is the blueprint for the future of music for the next 30 years! 6 out of a possible 5 stars!"

Or if it's a punk magazine it's even worse, it'll say some nonsense like

"This sounds like if Sid Vicious were forced to dig his own grave at gunpoint by Iggy Pop, while performing a tracheotomy in a monster truck being driven by Danzig, the ghost of Keith Moon, and Frances Cobain (after she had arrived in a time machine from the future)!"


Anyway, the NME had an article about the new White Stripes LP, if you wanna hear it you can download the whole thing below... shout out to K Lee for the hook-up:

WHITE STRIPES - ICKY THUMP

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

Karen said...

Meeeeeee!!! that album is good.

June 13, 2007 at 5:31 PM

Ctown said...

"seriously, dudes, who ate my apple bong."

June 14, 2007 at 1:05 PM

jennifer said...

pretty cool that they're opening for ted leo.

June 15, 2007 at 12:38 PM

Post a Comment

 
 
Bookmark and Share